Looking to write product descriptions that sell? Read on…
Many sellers write product descriptions that ‘describe’ their product. For example, give the dimensions and general information.
That’s a weak strategy.
As a seller you need to SELL your product. This is your chance to create the impulse buy.
The following are the summarized points in how to write to persuade your visitors with product descriptions that sell:
1. Focus on Your Ideal Buyer
Answer questions that your ideal customer has in their mind.
2. Entice with Benefits
Consider the benefits of each of your product features. Sell an experience.
3. Avoid Yeah, Yeah Phrases
Instead of using “excellent product quality”, be specific in describing it.
4. Justify Using Superlatives
If your product is really the best, provide specific proof why this is the case.
5. Appeal to Your Readers’ Imagination
Let your reader imagine what it would be like to own your product.
6. Cut Through Rational Barriers With Mini-Stories
When it comes to telling a story about your products, ask yourself:
- Who is making the product?
- What inspired creating the product?
- What obstacles did you need to overcome to develop the product?
- How was the product tested?
7. Seduce with Sensory Words
Restaurants have known it for a long time: sensory words increase sales, because they engage more brain processing power.
8. Tempt with Social Proof
When your web visitors are unsure about which product to purchase, they look for suggestions what to buy.
9. Make Your Description Scannable
Here’s some areas to focus on when designing yours:
- Entice your web visitor with headlines;
- Use easy-to-scan bullet points;
- Include plenty of white space;
- Increase your font size to promote readability;
Need a professional to write your product descriptions? Click Here to learn more.
The article being referenced is here.